Search Results for: interior design
- How long have you been in business? 13-14 years
- What do you do? (Short summary describing your business) We are an Award-winning interior design studio working with clients on their renovations, vacation homes and business. We provide everything from interior space planning (where the walls go) to kitchen & bath design, custom cabinetry, furniture, accessories, art, lighting, window treatments and more.
- Why did you start your business? Because I love design and architecture and felt I could have a more intimate and rewarding experience working directly with the end-user. And of course, flexibility in my schedule.
- What is unique about your business? (Why would someone want to use your services) We are involved in the process from start to finish. Our follow-up is thorough and we care about our clients and meeting their needs. We are very hands on and collaborative. With us, you get custom designs that reflect you and are implemented with the utmost professionalism and care.
- What is the process like to work with you? I usually do a phone interview, then meet with the potential client for 1-2 hours getting to know them and their likes and dislikes. Once we have determined we are a good match for each other, I submit a letter of agreement and request a retainer. Then I begin the design process, which includes a second meeting to show the client the direction and get feedback. We work on budgets. Usually by the third or fourth meeting, we are close to sending out our designs for bid-assuming it’s construction, or we’ve put together quotes. Each client requires a different amount of time to develop his or her ultimate design – that’s why we charge hourly for our design time. Once we’ve approved selections, received contractors bids, we schedule the project and we charge a fee for our project administration and purchasing. If we are designing furnishings and not doing any construction drawings, we add a percentage to our wholesale costs to cover additional expenses. Finally, we inspect and make regular site visits during the project and are on location during installation of casegoods, and other furnishings.
- Why did you decide to work with Doodle Dog? Nikki and Laura are dynamite! High energy, easy to work with and great work ethic – which is a match for us.
- Tell us about your family. I’m married with an amazing husband and two amazing children.
- Do you have any pets? What are their names? I always had pets growing up and when I was single, but with a busy household, two careers to nurture plus very active kids, we don’t have time for much more than my son’s fish. Flicker.