Doodle Dog Creative is a creative agency headquartered in Dallas and Austin, Texas, specializing in branding solutions, website design and development and search engine optimization. We create smile worthy concepts that capture personality and inspire brands.
Real Time is the most current list of content on the web! It can be used to find updated sites that the traditional Google search engine hasn’t had time to crawl yet. It picks up recent posts on Twitter, Facebook, Google Buzz, blogs and many more. Updates come from events and messages that are happening, as they are happening.
Benefits of Google Real Time:
1. It’s a search engine for ever changing social media, from Twitter to Facebook and blogs
2. It pulls up information that people are saying about you (a good way to keep up with the chatter!)
3. It is iPhone and Android Accessible making it convenient to stay connected
When we searched for ‘Doodle Dog Advertising’, this is what showed up in Real Time:
Check out the Video Demo from Google to show you how it works!
Knowing how your customer thinks would be a good way to know what exactly they are searching for online.
Are they typing the words “dallas wedding vendor” into Google, or is it specifically “dallas photographer”? Unfortunately we don’t ever know exactly what our specific customer is looking for, but by using certain online resources and studying our customer we can understand a little bit more. Put yourself in the customer’s position. If they are looking for some inspiration of a wedding that was at a certain venue or even used certain colors, you want them to find you if you have an image that might be of interest.
So….name all of your images accordingly:
For example, brides don’t search for an image named “smith wedding 081010” they search for “gray_pink_wedding_inspiration”.
Speak their language:
Use the most frequent searched terms (not the terms that you use). Don’t be afraid to ask your past customers what they searched for. A great resource to check out what your target market is searching for is: Google Adwords
This is an excellent free service that can help you see how many searches (locally and nationally) are being made with you keyword/phrase and how competitive that word or phrase is (how many other sites are trying to target that phrase).
Because most general keywords are very competitive in many cases it is smarter to choose a key phrase which is more specific.
For example rather than using the keyphrase: branding or brand identity I would want to use Dallas Branding or Dallas Brand Identity (ranked #2 )….see the results in the search below
or how about invitations or dallas invitations (ranked #1):
dallas blog design (ranked #1)
and lastly dallas webdesign (ranked #3)
So now you are probably thinking it would be great to be in the first few positions for all of your key terms but you just don’t know how to get there. For a personalized (and free) website and SEO analysis, just click here. Doodle Dog will respond to you within 48 hours with a personalized report on your website. You will see what you can work on, what’s working for you and how we can help.
This week marks the start of a new series aimed towards helping small business owners understand modern marketing. We will be writing articles and providing tips that will help answer your questions, develop your personal search engine optimization and social media marketing platforms and give you back the time that you need to run your business. So, if you’re wondering what SEO, #FF, RSS and alt text is, you’ve come to the right place.
Let’s start with the Top 10 Modern Marketing Tips:
1. Stop using Flash for your website (photographers, this includes you), use a standard HTML written site that will help the web crawlers find you.
2. Get a blog, and actually use it (3-5 times per week if possible).
3. Take advantage of social networks (most importantly Facebook and Twitter)
4. Use the “share” button on your site and blog (look to the write the gray button at the top is a custom share button for my site and blog)
5. Write unique content on your website and blog
6. Use keywords in your content, but don’t over do it.
7. Don’t use keywords that are too general (ie. don’t use “photographer” use “dallas wedding photographer”)
8. Title images and give them alternative text
9. Create inbound links to your site and blog
10. Use an analytics software
Sites to know about:
Click on the “Free Website Analysis” button on the homepage. Get a summary of your online presence.
Free analytics software to use for your blog.
Free analytics software to use for your website.
Provides you with a shortened link so that you can use it in Twitter
As a small business owner you probably don’t have time to keep up with your day-to-day work, let alone researching and understanding the ins and outs of keeping your business up-to-date in the online marketing world.
We can help.
We offer full service branding, website and blog design, as well as monthly search engine optimization and social media management.