Cancer Communication Research (CCR) came to Doodle Dog in search of a professional brand design and website design and experience that would feel as clear as their mission.
Cancer Communication Research is a patient-centered organization, which improves patient and clinician communication to improve quality of life
- Why did you start Cancer Communication Research? Cancer Communication Research (CCR) lab’s mission is to empower patients to better engage with clinicians, clinicians to better communicate with patients, and academics to better translate their research findings.
- What is unique about it? Cancer Communication Research’s website is uniquely designed as an outlet for sharing my research and teaching about communication in healthcare to multiple target audiences — patients, clinicians, and academics.
- What’s on your Playlist? Lately, I’ve been listening to Alec Benjamin.
- Where do you find inspiration? My mother. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was eight years old. My experiences as a young child fueled my passion to empower patients to actively participate in their healthcare journeys as well as teach clinicians to effectively communicate with their patients and family members. Much of my work has examined the health experiences and decisions of men and women at risk for hereditary cancer. For example, in collaboration with Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered (FORCE), my most recent project seeks to provide credible, evidence-based information and guidelines as well as links to clinical trials and supportive services to young women with breast cancer, patients with metastatic breast cancer, their caregivers, community health workers, and clinicians. As a BRCA2-positive patient, I am also committed to patient engagement throughout the research process and translating my research into practice.
- Why did you decide to work with Doodle Dog? My best friend, Rachel Driskell, is a wedding photographer in Texas, and she recommended Doodle Dog after she completed her Photography brand and website design project.
- Why did you feel the time was right to kick off this project? This felt like the right time to rebrand my professional website as I wanted my content to be of interest to multiple audiences, but especially academics interested in sharing their research with the public.
- What’s your favorite part of your new site? I love that my site provides specific content to multiple audiences — patients, clinicians, and academics.
- What advice would you give to someone considering a rebrand or relaunch? Take the time to think about your short and long-term goals and partner with an expert like Doodle Dog!
- Is there anything else you would like to mention? It has been a pleasure working with Doodle Dog on this website, and I look forward to partnering on my work in the future!